Why not create a special memorial to a loved one that can be enjoyed by others? Memorial trees and memorial benches are great ways to remember loved ones for generations to come.
In our UK Ultimate Guide on Honouring a Legacy, we cover memorial benches, memorial trees, and more!
No matter where in the UK your loved one lived or died, we’ve got you covered.
- Dedicate a tree to a loved one in the beautiful National Forest, located in the heart of England.
- Woodland Trust provides the opportunity to commemorate single trees, acres or even personalised benches and grove posts in a selection of woods around England.
- Plant a tree for a loved one in a conservation project of your choice with Treetributes. You can also procure a plaque with a personal inscription engraved onto it to accompany your memorial tree.
- Celebrate the lives of your loved ones by planting a commemorative tree or bench through the City of Birmingham. You can choose between an ornamental or native tree, and they also offer bulb and woodland planting.
- Commemorate your loved one with a tree and plaque in a natural woodland setting in East Anglia.
- Plant a tree in honour of a loved one and help improve the city’s biodiversity.
- Commemorate a park bench within the borough of Barnet.
- Create a memorials such as engraved plaques or benches in the Borough of Bromley.
- You can dedicate a bench in one of Camden’s parks and open spaces. Or you can plant a tree in memory of someone special.
- Parks and Green Spacesin Hackney offer the ability to dedicate a tree in memory or dedicate a park bench with a beautiful plaque to a loved one.
- Was your loved one an animal lover? You can dedicate a park bench at the Zoological Society of London Zoo.
- If you live in the borough of Richmond, you can have a park bench commemorated with a beautiful plaque inscribed with your loved one’s details.
- If your loved one was a member of staff, student or benefactor of Brunel University, then honour them by commemorating a tree, bench or garden feature on the university grounds.
- Donating a memorial bench to commemorate a loved one can be arranged in many of Westminster’s parks, gardens and cemeteries.
- Life for a Life Memorial Forest provides you with planting sites across the UK including their ‘Indian’s Head Memorial Forest’ located within the Peak District National Park at Dovestone Reservoir, as well as 40 other sites across the Northwest and Southwest of England.
- Perhaps your loved one was an avid nature lover or ornithologist. Consider planting a commemorative tree within the beautiful Dove Stone nature reserve, part of Memorial Wood.
- Looking for memorial trees for deceased loved ones in the Yorkshire Dales? Planting one in memory of someone dear is a unique way to celebrate their life.
- You can also plant a memorial tree in honour of your loved one through the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
- The Yorkshire Sculpture Park allows you to leave a variety of different commemorative donations such as tree and flower planting.
- You can also purchase and dedicate a memorial tree through the Woodland Trust.
- Looking to create a personalized memorial for your loved one? You can dedicate trees, acres or personalized benches throughout Northern Ireland with Woodland Trust.
- Contribute a tree to a conservation project as a way to commemorate your loved one with Treetributes. They also provide the option to place a personalized engraved plaque next to your memorial tree.
- Do you live in the Belfast area? Perhaps a memorial seat might help create an area to sit and remember your loved one. The city also offers books of remembrance or memorial stone books to have the name of your loved one memorialized.
Mid & East Antrim
- Honour the memory of your loved one with a lasting tribute. The borough council offers both commemorative trees and benches.
- Commemorative seats and memorial trees are a popular way of remembering loved ones, with a gift to the town or village which can be appreciated by others.
- Trees, personalised benches and grove posts in a selection of woods can make the perfect gift to provide a quiet place for reflection and beautify and enhance green spaces throughout Scotland. See Woodland Trust for details.
- Where can you plant a tree in memory? Treetributes provides memorial trees that can be planted as living tributes to friends or family that have passed away. An inscribed plaque adds the personal touch to accompany your memorial.
- Dedicate a tree, acre, grove posts or benches in memory of someone who was important to you. Woodland Trust can help you with all the details.
- Was he or she a lover of the great outdoors? If your loved one was a hiker, camper, or interested in preserving our natural environment, consider planting a memorial tree in a conservation project of your choice with Treetributes. Plaques can also be added to your memorial, personalized with an engraved inscription.
- The Solva Council offers memorial benches through the community.
- Was your loved one a nature lover? Consider creating a memorial in beautiful Kenfig National Nature Reserve. The Bridgend Council provides the opportunity to plant a tree or dedicate a bench in memory.
We’d Love to Hear From You
If you found our UK Ultimate Guide on Memorial Benches and Memorial Trees helpful, we would appreciate a Facebook Like.
After you have planted a memorial tree, or installed a memorial bench or some other type of monument, let us know about it in the comments section below. At Love Lives On, we’re always listening.