We live in a digital age, which means that when a loved one dies, his or her digital legacy also needs to be handled as a routine part of settling his or her estate.
There are 3 major components to your loved one's digital legacy:
2. Bank accounts and financial life; and
3. E-mail addresses and social media accounts.
Why is it Necessary to Include Digital Legacy in the Estate Administration Process?
Although it's not always the first thing people think about, managing digital assets and subscription commitments is an incredibly important part of the process of settling the estate of a loved one who has passed away.
There may be serious financial or legal ramifications for failing to do so. These include:
1. Failing to protect your loved one's estate from automatic and reoccurring monthly payments from his or her bank accounts; and
2. Failing to protect your loved one's identity from being stolen by criminals (e.g. filing taxes under your loved one's name in order to steal the refund that is owing to his or her estate).
There may also be emotional ramifications for not addressing your loved one's digital legacy:
1. Upsetting social media notifications (e.g. Facebook reminders about your loved one's birthday);
2. Damage to your loved one's reputation as a result of your loved one's name and image being used by nefarious groups to make fake social media accounts in order to further political agendas, spread misinformation or toxicity online, for commercial gain, or to scam others.
Why Choose Us to Handle Your Loved One's Digital Legacy?
We understand that the loss of a loved one is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family. Not only is there an emotional toll, there are heavy responsibilities that arise with the death of a loved one.
Your plate is already full with planning his or her funeral and settling the estate. We want to make your life a little easier by handling your loved one's digital legacy for you.
We are experts when it comes to appropriately managing your loved one's digital legacy (and our rates are highly affordable for all families).
To learn more about how Digital Legacy Services works, please visit: https://www.digitallegacyservices.com/
Let us help you protect your loved one's financial assets, identity and reputation today.
Love Lives On is committed to providing grieving families with a library of valuable content for free. Producing high-quality content takes a lot of time, money and hard work. We’re only able to provide free content because businesses like this one advertise with us. If you contact this business, please let them know you found them on Love Lives On. You’ll be helping to ensure that we’re able to keep writing content that grieving families need.