7 Great Reasons to Write for Love Lives On
Here are just a few of the great reasons to share your voice, expertise and ideas with one of the fastest growing online resource centres for end-of-life issues, funeral planning and grieving:
- Get your name and original content out there and establish yourself as a trusted expert.
- Be a positive influence in the world. Make a difference to the lives of people who face the loss of a loved one.
- Connect with readers on an international level.
- Gain invaluable writing experience.
- Work at home and set your own schedule.
- Our editorial team will help create eye-catching titles for your article and get your article the attention it deserves.
- Be featured throughout our social media channels and email updates.
Who Are Our Writers?
Our writers include, but are not limited to:
- Funeral directors.
- Health care professionals.
- Estate lawyers.
- Event planners.
- Health and wellness bloggers.
- Life celebration bloggers.
- People with a personal story to share about funeral planning or grieving
Our Writing Requirements
Originality: We only accept articles that contain 100% original content. We do not accept content that has been published elsewhere, whether in print or online, or that has been plagiarized in any way.
Content: Topics related to end-of-life issues, funeral planning, grieving and healing, and celebrations of life, are practically limitless. You may add to another article that is already featured on Love Lives On, or you could put your own twist on a popular topic. You may also write about your own experiences and the lessons you learned.
Purpose and tone: The purpose of the content on Love Lives On is to educate or to inspire. The tone of our content is informative, personable, friendly, and always respectful of the feelings of others.
Word Count: Our minimum word count is 800 words. We welcome in-depth articles of 1,500 words or longer.
Biography: Please provide a brief biography about yourself that is 255 characters maximum, along with your photograph. Your biography and photograph will be featured above your article.
Links: Since we don’t compensate our writers, you are welcome to add links in your biography to your website and social media channels, which we will promote to our readers and followers. If you quote from a credible news source, peer-reviewed scientific paper or academic journal, you should link to the source. We will review any links to companies or products and determine if they are appropriate. Be forewarned that we are not interested in publishing content that has been written solely for sales or SEO purposes.
5 Tips For Writing a Great Article
You will optimize your chances of being published and growing the number of your loyal followers by using these tips:
Choose a topic that inspires you: The key to writing great content is choosing a topic that you are interested in or are knowledgeable about.
Do your research: It is important to give readers correct information. Be sure to research (and link to) any facts and figures that you are quoting.
Be clear what action you want readers to take: Ask yourself what you want your readers to do after reading your article. A great article will inspire people to take action! Your article should make it clear what action readers should take, as well as how and why.
Write an attention-grabbing title: Writing an eye-catching title will increase the number of people that will read your article, so take the time to craft a great title.
Edit your work: Before you submit your content, take the time to carefully proofread it. Fix spelling and grammatical errors. Remove any excess language or words. Check your facts and figures. You make it easier for us to share your article with our community by ensuring that it has been properly edited.
The Publishing Process
There are several steps to getting published and getting your work noticed:
Make your submission:
Please submit the following to us via our submission form below:
- Your name. This will appear on your article. You can use your first and last name (e.g. Sam Smith), or use an initial instead of your first name (e.g. S. Smith), or instead of your middle name (e.g. Sam T. Smith).
- A short biography (255 characters maximum) with any links to your social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Please put any links in square brackets: [http://facebook.com/LoveLivesOn].
- Your email address. If you have a Gravatar account, (http://en.gravatar.com), please use the same email address that is linked to your Gravatar account so that your picture can appear with your article. If you don’t have a Gravatar account, please email us a headshot that we can use. You must own the copyright to the photograph, the headshot must be high quality and professional looking, and must be a maximum size of 920 x 620 pixels.
- Your article with a working title. (Please remember that we reserve the right to change it in order to maximize the content’s visibility.)
- The topic category that your article falls under. Choose a category from the drop-down menu. This will help us quickly sort all of the submissions that we receive.
- The text of your article. Again, please put any links in square brackets.
- If you are submitting an image or images with your article, you must own the copyright to each image (which you will if you took the photograph), it must be high quality and professional looking, and must be a maximum size of 920 x 620 pixels.
Our editing team will review your submission: We will carefully review your submission. We may have to make changes to the title or slightly modify the text in order to optimize the article’s visibility.
Check your email account and our website: We appreciate our contributors and endeavour to connect with each writer individually via email. Unfortunately, at times when submissions are high, our team may not have the opportunity to reach out to you one on one. Therefore, if you haven’t received an email from us, check our website. We endeavour to publish all accepted articles within 10 working days from the date of submission. If your submission was not accepted for publication, you may continue to submit material for our consideration. If your article is published, you will begin to receive emails from our lead editor at least once per month.
Share with your community: Once your article is published, please share it with your community via email and social media, and we will do the same. We take notice when our readers enjoy the content you’re producing, and could prominently feature it in our social media campaigns and on our website.
Let’s Get Started
Have a topic that you are inspired to write about? We can’t wait to read your work and to share your voice, expertise and ideas with our community!